Thursday, January 28, 2010

STEP ONE... MAKE A MOVE!!!

That is just what we are going to do. Taking the first step! Don’t really know where it will lead. But I know someone who does! :-) I can guarantee you one thing, for this I am certain, if I take this one step it will move me one step closer…. to the next step God wants me to take!!!!

Actually this first step is not really a small one either. It actually is quite big (for me that is).
I AM HEADED BACK TO ETHIOPIA!!!

Ask Mike who I am going with and you may see a little bit of panic in his eyes, due the fact that neither of us have met M, the woman I am merely going across the world with. This is what I know… I have spoken with Michelle a number of times on the phone. You know when you talk to someone and you just know you could continue talking for hours that is how I felt about her. We talked about her ministry, we talked about orphan and widow care, we talked about Ethiopia, we talked about adoption and we talked about the LORD. There you go… YOU HAVE ME… I am a sucker for that kind of talk!!!

I really do know a lot more than just this about Michelle, which I am sure I will share with you later. Throughout the different phone conversations and emails, I had with Michelle, not to mention the pictures and DVDs she sent to me of her ministry in Ethiopia, I had this incredible feeling that this is where God wanted me to TAKE STEP ONE!!! But I really didn’t know if Michelle would want me, need me, be open to me to being apart of this in this way. Then there was another connection we had, THAT PART IS EVEN MORE EXCITING … but let me finish this part first.

All of this had been going on for a while and then January 12th happened, THE EARTHQUAKE in Haiti. Pretty much everyone has been moved by this event and for someone with a heart like mine, IT ROCKED ME! Right away, I was on the phone calling different places, seeing if they were taking Nurses. For the first few days, all I got was “NO, not at this time. “ More was developing with Ethiopia and then they started asking for nurses to go to Haiti. There were a few days there that I felt so confused, so torn, I did not know which way to go. My heart was in Ethiopia, but maybe they need me more in Haiti.. And all the time I was trying to figure out how I was going work this around my family also. Then God did what he needed to do! He PUT ME IN MY PLACE… In more ways than one! I know this is going to be hard for all of you to believe, Let me tell you, It was a shocker to me… BUT GOD told me that “AMY, YOU CAN NOT SAVE THE WORLD! “…. Seriously though… through certain events that happened GOD told me HE wanted me to stay the course, stay focused on what He already set in place. Such a good reminder for me to try not and always jump or move merely from emotions (which I admit is just a little easy for me and my a.d.h.d to do). I need to make sure I seek Him in all that I do, before I do it… every step that I take.

There were more emails between Michelle and I in which I mentioned to Michelle that I know there is so many organizations, there is so much need through out the world but that I felt directed to what she had going on and if she really needed me I would love to check it out and be apart of it. The next email said ‘”YES, I do NEED you and would really like to have you join me next month..” WOW! NEXT MONTH! And so it brings me to this! The first step!!!…. Sorry that was so long… SO MUCH MORE TO WRITE… and the NEXT PART IS EVEN MORE EXCITING… HOPEFULLY I WILL GET A CHANCE TOMORROW!!!

No comments: