Monday, July 26, 2010

WE ARE HEADED TO ETHIOPIA!!!!

WE GOT THE CALL!!! This last Friday we were told we got the okay from the US EMBASSY in Ethiopia to travel there and BRING OUR CHILDREN HOME!!! WE are leaving THIS WEDNESDAY!!!!

I wanted to write some incredible entry but you know what …. I just do not have the skill or the time right now!!! I thought better to update a little than not to update at all but then I heard this quote by Elizabeth Elliot, and realized even if I did have the time there is no way I could say it any better...

"I've told the Lord I want to be an obedient servant, and He shot back…. 'And are you willing to face grief and pain or whatever it takes for Me to make you that?' …. Even though I felt unable, I said, 'What choice do I have? I know too much to drop the ball now. There's no turning back.' I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid. But He has brought me this far and already my joy is unspeakable."

Oh to be as eloquent as Elizabeth Elliot! I think I could write days about that single quote. It is so much of what is going on in my mind right now.

“What choice do I have?... I know to much to drop the ball now.”

This journey has really been an amazing one for me. When I think about sharing the journey with others I wonder, HOW DO I EVEN BEGIN? To really be able to tell this story I have to start with the revelations that has occurred in my life. It has been in ongoing one yet one that continues to grow all the time.

This revelation is the realization of …WHO GOD REALLY IS… WHAT HE DID FOR ME and JUST HOW MUCH HE LOVES ME.

I think once this really sinks in and takes grip of your heart it is then that you sit there and say… What choice do I have? I know too much to drop the ball… to turn away… to not want to bring Him glory in everything I do. This most amazing, incredible, powerfully GOD of the UNIVERSE LOVES ME, even to the point of dying for me. He chose me, to give me eternal life. He has blessed us so much, how could I say NO, Especially to something or someone HE treasures so much!!!!!

“I’ll be lying if I said I wasn’t afraid.”

Understatement !! Now I am No Elizabeth Elliot.. Not even close. I am not going out to live in the jungle with people who may take my life or who have already taken my husbands life. I have fear nonetheless!!!

BUT WHAT INCREDIBLE PEACE TOO!!!

“But He has brought me this far and already my joy is unspeakable."

So excited about all that God has done already throughout this journey. And excited about all that He is going to do as we continue to walk the journey He has chosen for us!!!!!

So there it is…

Please be praying!!!! I hope to update the blog while there but I know I had trouble last time so maybe I might be handing the updating off to Noelle.

We return Wednesday the 4th.

But for now.. Please continue to pray.

Pray for safety and good health throughout the trip both for us and for the children.

Pray for an extra ordinary attachment and bonding for our entire family.

Pray that throughout the entire trip that God opens our eyes and hearts to the needs of those around us and will show us how to pray for others and meet those needs as we are able, whether that be in the airport, on the plane, at the orphanage or in the village.

THE LORD IS GOOD!!! OH SO GOOD!!!!!

MAY ALL PRAISE AND GLORY GO TO HIM ALWAYS!!

8 comments:

Katie Addington said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! I'm so excited for you, I'm in tears!

I love you ALL so much and can't wait to hear your incredible story!

Marybeth Rolfe said...

Love your post, Love you, Love our Jesus who makes all this possible. You will be in my prayers constantly, as my heart will be with you as you go before me on the road I will be traveling soon to a place that is so dear to our hearts. :)

Kameron said...

SO thrilled and excited for you. Can't wait to hear about it. I will continue to pray for you, and all the kids. It has been a blessing to witness this journey God has had you on!

Kameron

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

I am sorry I did not get back to you about the unethical agency. Please look up information about them on the Ethiopia AAR Yahoo site. I will not give examples of information to families who are friends with the people who are using this agency.
Good Luck on your trip.

Cindy said...

I had not read your blog. It is beautiful...really.
I do wish you all the best on your journey to your children. I did not realize the extent of it all. Makes my heart happy to know the ethics of your situation. Makes me SO happy. Thanks for the great dialogue. It is a blessing to me.

Anonymous said...

My eyes are watering as I read your words. You are so transparent it is easy to relate to you. It is a journey in your family's hearts. One that will change everyone in only the way God can orchestrate! I am praying for you and Mike during this special time of attachment with your children, that things go smoothly at the Embassy, that nonverbal communication comes easy, that your trip home through customs goes quickly, and that attachment between siblings is fast and solid. Thanks be to our glorious God that He is able to accomplish more than we can ever think to ask of Him! Love the Brocker Family

Lindsey said...

This is so exciting Lindahls!! :)
Your quote reminded me of one that I thought was amazing (and similar.)

'One taste and we are wounded with love;one touch and we are ruined for anything less. So potent is His love, so piercing is His touch that one slight encounter of Him is enough sweetness to send us searching for Him all of our days, refusing the comforts of this world and reaching with arms outstretched toward the eternal pleasures and fulfillments found solely in Him'

-Dana Candler