Sunday, August 1, 2010

7/29/10




7/29/10 Thursday Arrive in Ethiopia 10 p,m.

The flight - was completely uneventful but you forget how horribly long it is. We left Mpls. a little late.. Probably around6pm and flew to Amsterdam where we had a about an hour and a half layover.


The Amsterdam airport - was ginormous. Talk about having fun people watching. It was incredible for me to see so many different people from different cultures all together. I could not help and think again about God’s love for all of us. It also struck me how important I think it is that every Christian experiences some type of international Missions trip at some point in their lives if possible. I know you do not have to necessarily even travel to far from home to go beyond your own culture and bubble we live in. But international travel, especially to a third world country really opens your eyes to just how big and diverse our world is. It is so easy to narrow our views and perspective of life to all the things that REVOLVE AROUND US… but instead we are just a portion of something so much bigger that REVOLVES AROUND THE CREATOR OF IT ALL!!!!!

From Amsterdam we stopped for an hour in Kartoon, Sudan to refuel, not leaving the airplane and then onto Ethiopia. As we were standing in the Immigration Line in the Airport I was flooded with emotions; So many things going through my mind. It really hit home. We are really here. This is really happening. Some of the gush of emotions was remembering the experiences of the last trip here. Most of which I want to block out but yet amazed to be able to look back and now see What God’s Big Plan was that I was unaware of at the time and in the midst of all the turmoil. So glad Mike is with me right now and we were experiencing this together. I could not imagine traveling here again with out him.

The GUESTHOUSE- is very nice. We were greeted at the airport by 2 BFAS staff, loaded our stuff in a van and drove just a few miles to the guest house. The electricity was off right when we arrived so they had candels lite and a table set for us to have dinner. We did the all the paperwork necessary for the Embassy appointment right away including giving them our Embassy fees, then sat and had a bite to eat just the 2 of us and headed to bed. I was not sure if I would be able to sleep but I slept solidly for a good 4 – 4.5 hours, waking at about 4:30am.

No comments: