Saturday, August 7, 2010

HOME!!!

There is so much more to share about the trip, all that we saw there, the incredible needs and ministry opportunities to be apart of but for now I need to skip forward because…

OUR FAMILY IS TOGETHER!!!!

We are home and it feels so good!!! Any anxiety of the much talked about dreaded flight home was unwarranted. The children did great. Again it was so nice to have Bereket and Daniel, our friends from the orphanage who spoke the Walayta language, to be able to interpret for us as we explained to them exactly what to expect.

The arrival at the Minneapolis airport was incredible.






























To have our family waiting for us with signs, balloons and all the love possible to welcome us home was something I will never forget. We had practiced with the kids identifying each of the other older children and their names over and over on the trip so when they finally saw them in person I really think it all clicked for them.

Mike and I have prayed so much for an extra-ordinary type of bonding between all members of our family. The 6 of us have always been so close and it is something that we prayed would continue with our 2 new members. I heard and read of so many attachment difficulties so we were prepared for this too. While I know we are only at the beginning of this journey I have to say that we really could not of asked for a better beginning. We feel so blessed.

THE LORD IS GOOD!!! OH SO GOOD!!!! TO HIM BE ALL THE GLORY!!!

4 comments:

zcoffeegirl said...

Amy, I have goosebumps! As an adoptive mom, I feel your joy and your heart. God is amazing! So thankful for these kiddos and you guys becoming a forever family. Thanks for sharing!!! JOY!!!!

Kameron said...

PRAISE GOD they are home. Praise God! I have been meditating on the scripture, Habakkuk 2;3 "Though in linger, wait for it. It will certainly come and not delay."
I am so blessed to have been a witness to your journey. I will continue to pray for attachment and transitions! blessing my friend.

Melissa said...

So thrilled and excited for you and your family! God bless you all and I can't wait to meet them!

Unknown said...

I was fervently praying for all of you all week. Your home coming pictures are so sweet. I'll keep the prayers going for bonding. What a family they have joined! Love you!