Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It takes a VILLAGE..

The last bin has been closed... 
What a blessing it has been to see all the donations come in. And not just the medical supplies, clothes and shoes but there was so much more….
ROCKPOINT'S Junior High Group Donated Pajamas, underwear, and raised money to purchase and send 2 parachutes over for the children to play with.
New Life Academy and Donald’s Uniform Store donated uniforms...
My college friends helped cut out felt objects and characters to help teach the children about just how Great our God is and how much He loves each and every one of them.
 A special thank you to my sister, and all the family and friends who donated money to help pay for the extra luggage cost to get everything there.  The love and support throughout all of this has been so amazing.  I seriously have had to say to myself lately, “One foot in front of the other…” too much more than that and I could get a bit overwhelmed.  I may be repeating myself but there is absolutely NO WAY that I could be making this happen on my own.

One of my goals in this trip is to bring as many of you along this journey with me as much as possible.  One way this has already happened is by all the donations everyone has given to bless the children of these orphanages.  My prayer is that NO ONE… not anyone here, nor anyone I travel with, nor anyone that I come in contact with throughout the trip would see ME in any of this… But instead be able to see right through me and first of ALL see Jesus and the power He has by accomplishing His work.  I also want others to be able to see and know everyone back home that I represent that made this possible!   I have never felt more like an empty vessel or an instrument ready to be used by the conductor of it all.   I feel like I am out of my whelm a bit, out of control a bit.... And you know what… I really am OKAY WITH IT! 

II CORITHIANS 4:7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

No comments: