Sunday, February 28, 2010

(NOTE: SAD TO SAY BLOGGER DID NOT WORK ON THE TRIP... I AM HOME NOW, SO MUCH TO SHARE..  THE LORD IS SOOOO GOOD!!!  I AM WILL POST SOME JOURNALS IN ORDER THEY WERE PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN) 

FEB 17th,  2009

SO THANKFUL FOR ALL THE ANGELS GOD HAS SET BEFORE ME….
It is almost humorous on how totally incapable I am in accomplishing all of this on my own.  Being able to laugh at myself along the way is one way to deal with it but really I am in just an awe of JUST HOW BIG MY GOD IS TO MAKE THIS ALL HAPPEN.  If God can work through someone like me than just think of what he can do through all of YOU!!!!

This morning went well.. Getting the kids up and going to school on time always seems like a huge accomplishment in itself.  Mike loaded all 4-22 gallon bins in the suburban along with my overweight backpack and rolling suitcase, which is my carry-on.  I drove with Noelle and the girls to school and met my Angel of a friend, Kirsten there.  We then loaded everything into her car and off to the airport.  After first going to the wrong terminal, we safely arrived where we were supposed to go. We must of looked hilarious, a very overloaded small cart with all the luggage and 2 women feebly pushing it in the airport.  Only once as we went through the automatic doors did we lose a few bins.  I love Kirsten.  I always call her my 2nd husband because that is just how she treats me… She takes charge and gets it done and tells me what to do and how to do it!!!  

Angel #2 was the sweet ticket lady.  She was so encouraging of what we were doing.  She made check in easy, even though she did not wave the luggage fees it went as well as it could of.  Then I had to do it.. I said my goodbye to KIRSTEN… and I was on my own.  So many people have used the phrase.. “ May the Lord go before you and prepare the way.”  That is exactly my prayer.  Again, I will take the steps.. ON THE PATH HE HAS PREPARED..  The only thing is my steps may not always the most graceful … Kirsten and I snapped a quick picture of the two of us (one of those pics I do not care to post because it shows the extra 3-4 chins you have)  Kirsten prayed over me and I was off.  About 10 sec later I am carrying my overweight backpack and suitcase up the stairs with the camera over my shoulder and ….  I FALL!!!  HAHAHAHA!  Yes I did it!  I fell going UP the stairs.  Mike’s words kept echoing in my head.. “you are bringing to much… simplify!”  Why don’t I just listen to his wisdom?   I am fine… achy a little but OK.  The worst damage was my camera (for those who really know me know how precious my camera is to me) at first I thought I would be calling my mom to run her camera down to me.  The Lens was shattered.  But upon further examination I think it was just the extra protective lens that was on and it should be ok.  Ohhhh .. The Lord is good!  I seriously love His constant reminders on how little I am and just HOW BIG HE IS!!!!

I am just loading the plane… the first leg of the trip and the starting to feel a little more relaxed. Many have asked about the FLIGHT … So I thought I would pass on the travel info…

Leave MINNESOTA at 10:30am 2/17
Arrive in Atlanta, 2:00pm (1hr 45min layover)
(Total travel time approx =6 hrs)
Leave Atlanta 3:45pm
Arrive at Dulles – Washington D.C. at 5:30pm
 *meet up with Michelle  …pick up luggage recheck in on Ethiopian Airlines   
(… BREATHE !!!)
Leave Dulles -Washington D.C. 8:30pm
8hours 30mins to ROME    
ROME (refuel for 45min– do not get off plane) 
5 hours 45mins to ADDIS
Arrive Addis Ababa at 7:30 pm 2/18 (10:30am 2/18 MN TIME)
= 24 HRS TOTAL TRAVEL TIME

 

No comments: