Sunday, February 28, 2010

DAY 3 - FEB. 19th, 2009

Meetings , greetings and walks in the streets
Gov. meeting .. prayer… walks .. little shops…. Room… rest… ready for whats ahead!!!!

QUIZ:   What was one of my favorite things about the CHALLENGE YOUTH CONVENTION that I went on in the summer of 2008?

For those of you following from the youth group that were on that trip with me that was a no brainer.  Besides, hearing Francis Chan, or Becky Tirabassi speak and the incredible worship we had.. One of the best parts of that trip was the 24 HOUR BUS RIDE!!!!   It was so awesome to get some of those kids stuck on that bus with no place to escape and nothing better to do than to be drilled up and down on personal questions, theology debates and challenges for the future… not to forget the dancing in the isles and shaving cream fights.  Needless to say, I loved it.  I love being able to have time and go beyond the surface of a conversation and really get to know someone.   SO FAST FORWARD TO THIS LAST 24hour flight I was just on…  Imagine me taking a 24 hour trip, on my own, with hardly anyone to talk to the whole time (not because the lack of trying but there was also a language barrier that was present for many).

I HAVE ARRIVED IN ADDIS SAFELY.  It really was an uneventful trip and I am very thankful for that. I know it is just the beginning and I am excited for what God has mapped out for the week ahead. Right now, I am sitting in a hotel room again by myself.  Its 4 am in the morning here and I should be sleeping but wide awake. 
I have realized how much I thrive on companionship.  Noelle put it best though, when she said, “Well than, you will have plenty of time to spend alone with GOD!”  How cool was that to be reminded by my teenage daughter that THE GREAT COMFORTER is with me and I get to spend quality time alone with HIM.  What more do I need?  Not that I really think He brought me all the way to Africa to learn or do that but if indeed he did … That would be enough! HE is my comfort and my strength, my time in trouble.

PSALMS 23
The Lord is my shepherd… MY GUIDE, MY PROTECTOR, MY COMFORTER
I shall not want ANY THING ELSE!! 
He makes me lie down in the green pastures... even when I think I need to be going and doing and communicating with everyone around me
He restores my soul.
Yea though I walk through the valley of good and evil  
I will not fear for He is with me.
His rod and his staff .. they comfort me.
The Staff = is for comfort …. To lead direct, guide
But sometimes we need the ROD TOO!
He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
      
He anoints my head with oil; 
      
my cup overflows So thankful for all I have and ready to overflow to all around me
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
      
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments: