Sunday, March 7, 2010

FEB. 22nd, 2010

I cannot even describe the kind of day I had today.   Oh how I long to know how everything will turn out.  I want to know God’s plan but I think that is what is one thing He is really trying to teach me.  SUBMIT…  TRUST…  KNOW… that HIS PLAN (whatever that may be) is PERFECT.  And not just the plan for our future, but His plan for today, this second, RIGHT NOW!!!  If we can just give up the control someday and submit to that what amazing PEACE it would bring.  Easy to say, not so easy to do sometimes!
              I woke up this morning with a knock on my door.  M’s mother and I had a pact to sleep as long as we could so I was confused who was at my door so early.  It was B.  He said he had thought about it and talked to others and decided it was best if I went with him to the village to see the children.   The only thing was there was construction going on the road their and vehicles could not get through so we would have to go by motorbike.  He said he would be back in 20 min. to get me.
OKAAYYY!!!!!  My heart racing…  I think I probably should have been more nervous.  Was this safe? I am heading out of town on the back of a motorbike to I an area I have no clue where, in a foreign country, with no cell phone or communication to let anyone know what I was doing or where I was.  I know I should have been concerned but for one there was no time to really think, and two there was this strange PEACE that it was all ok.
            B pulled up with 2 motorbikes and drivers.  I got on the back of the one as I asked the driver if he was the best out of the two.  He nodded … but I am not really sure how much English he even spoke.  As we took off and raced through town I was thinking, If my father could see me now he probably would kill me for not wearing a helmet but as I kept riding had time to think a little more about what I was doing and where I was at I realized the helmet was merely just part of the things I should be concerned of.  Driving out of town and through the bumpy road where the construction was going on It was obvious that any larger of a vehicle would not be getting through at this time.  It was funny to pass people and see them do a double take when I passed.  It was obvious this too was a very unusual site.  After what was at least a 40 min ride we pulled up to a set of buildings.  At first I was completely unaware of what we were doing.  I was directed in and asked to sit in a rather dark room.  Looking around I realized that this was actually a home, of a fragile elderly looking man.  He was sitting in front of me on what was actually his bed.  He had nothing but a t-shirt on and a blanket wrapped around himself.  It was obvious his health was not good.  I really was not sure our purpose of being there at first. People were scurrying around and everyone chatting to each other with me the only one who was clueless what was being said or going on BUT THEN… I noticed
The sweetest little guy they were directing my way.  “THIS IS I.”  My heart dropped.  It was so surreal that here I am actually seeing and touching the little one we had seen in pictures and prayed over as a family.  He really did not want much to do with me and I was fine with that.  I insisted that they not push or even continue to encourage him to come to me.  I wanted them to know that we had come there just to check on the well-being of the children.  It took sometime for D to get there but she eventually appeared through the crowded doorway.  She looked so different from all the pictures we had previously seen.  In fact they both did.  The grandmother that was seen in earlier pictures had since passed away.  I found out the elderly man before me was their Uncle.  I had the opportunity visit and ask many questions.  It was just an incredible opportunity and experience to be there.  All the details and emotions I experienced today I can not even begin to explain or express but will treasure in my heart forever.  When it was time to leave I was not even close to being ready.  Only the hope and prayer that things would be working out at the orphanage soon and they would be able to return and be cared for and fed, as anyone deserves gave me the strength to leave them behind.  Even more than that though, the vision, hope and prayer that these two would someday be able to find and placed in a family of their own, a place to belong, to love and to be loved unconditionally and forever gave a little peace with the situation... for NOW!

No comments: