Thursday, March 11, 2010

FEB. 25th 2009

During that night I felt it coming on. The nausea and stomach cramps were no fun. We had leave at 5 am to head back to Addis Ababa, not because we were in a hurry to get there but we had to leave that early to beat when the cattle crossed the roads. I could totally see how that would be a problem and slow the drive up tremendously. I packed everything up before going to bed and I really did not sleep so I was ready to go when it was time. They let me sit in front. I dared not say anything or move to much the entire drive for I knew I was right on the edge of losing it. I am still amazed I was able to make it the whole way with how crazy the driving is. When we got to the hotel in Addis I checked in and then went right to the room. The maids were just leaving the room as I got there I tried to smile but I just went in and collapsed on the bed. Not even taking time to close the door behind me. I knew if it started to come it would probably not end for awhile. The sweet maids were so concerned for me and trying to help. They eventually went and got a manager who ordered me a sprite and brought me a bucket. As hard as I tried there was no holding back. I seriously hardly remember the next 24 hours. I knew the room had internet access and I wanted to reach Mike so badly but I hardly had enough strength to hold up my head.

No comments: