Thursday, March 11, 2010

PLANE RIDE HOME - A RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE??

OK… so I am all for evangelism.  We are called to go and spread the good news.  But here is a perfect way on how NOT to go about it.  Robb, the youth pastor at our church, speaks about being a “Jesus Freak” to the kids but he also says… there is a difference between a Jesus Freak and just a plain FREAK!!!!

The plane home was full.  I was on the isle of the middle section.  I had my head down on the tray table in front of me when all of a sudden I am awakened by a huge commotion around me.  Some guy came running down the isle toward the back of the plane yelling …. “We are going to heaven today… Are you ready?  Are you ready?”  I actually looked up to his finger pointing directly at me yelling “Are you ready?” and an airline attended restraining him and bringing him up to the front.

We were just about to Rome at this time.  When we landed in Rome the flight crew changed however the first crew must of said nothing to the crew coming on regarding our evangelist.  There were some passengers on the plane trying to tell them what had happened and really not feeling comfortable continuing on the rest of the way with him with us.  At one point one passenger got her bags and said “Either he gets off or I do.”   They finally decided to remove him from the plane but it took awhile because he was not identifying his luggage. I have to admit I was a bit nervous that now he was off and safe and might of left some special gift behind. 
The funny thing was that one of the new flight attendants came back and was rather upset with the passengers that were making the biggest racket about the whole thing.  She said to them that … He was a good Christian guy.  He even goes to a protestant church. He was sitting there reading his bible and he just had a religious experience.